Question for Twisted Players

The place to talk about anything Twisted related that doesn't quite fit elsewhere
PeteDG

Question for Twisted Players

Post by PeteDG » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:12 pm

Hi all,

A question I've been pondering tonight that I thought might be worth asking all you good folk.

As we go forward with Twisted we'll be releasing more miniatures and Characters for the two Wave 1 Factions that haven't made it into the rulebook - new Gentlefolk, Urkin and even full Characters. Obviously they will come with cards and whatnot but how would you like us to deal with their fluff and any new Special Abilities that might pop up?

I was thinking of a single page file for each one, much like the Character pages in the rulebook to give you flavour and explain any new rules. The question I guess is: Would you prefer this as a separate file for each Character or a kind of "Living Character portfolio" that grows with each addition. I could actually do both without too much effort if you like.

The single file has the advantage of being easy to download, print and pop in your book but the Portfolio might be easier to reference as the project grows.

Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers
Pete
"E'es not dyin' less I kills 'im!" - Bill Psyches

Skullbokks

Re: Question for Twisted Players

Post by Skullbokks » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:23 pm

Hi Pete,

Personally I would lean towards the single file for all characters, file per faction. For people that are already playing it isn't really too hard to download the new full file and just print one page from that, assuming they are keeping hard copies.

The advantage is for new players. Reducing the number of things they need to download will be really useful I think. If all they need to do is pop on and download either one file or just their factions file that is surely going to be easier than realising they've picked up a couple people from a different release and having to go and find their individual files.

Just my thoughts any way.

PeteDG

Post by PeteDG » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:29 pm

Cool. That is a very good point.
"E'es not dyin' less I kills 'im!" - Bill Psyches

Pippa

Post by Pippa » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:53 pm

I kind of like the idea of both if it's easy to do.
I totally agree that it's easier for new players if it's all in one file.
Slightly depends on how often you will be adding new bits to the pdf but, if like I would, you'd be downloading as they are released, it's easier to only have to download new bits each time, not the whole pdf again. If you do just have one single file, could you state somewhere what the new bits are each time to save someone having to work out which are the pages they need to print.

AGN1964

Post by AGN1964 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:23 am

I'd prefer a single file. That way I only have one file to download and one file to open if I am checking something. It's easy to keep one file update to date.

I agree it's more of a pain to print, but I will print less often that check it online.

To be honest, I would be happy with literally one file. Not one file per faction.
More details and more minis on my blog: http://hugeminiatures.blogspot.ca/