Future models and faction speculation

The place to talk about anything Twisted related that doesn't quite fit elsewhere
PeteDG

Re: Future models and faction speculation

Post by PeteDG » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:54 pm

Cool!
"E'es not dyin' less I kills 'im!" - Bill Psyches

Trystero

Post by Trystero » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:38 pm

Haha thanks for the Sherlock catch there Artificial Soul; I claim lack of concentration as a result of posting at 2:15am after a wedding celebration :P

I agree Sherlock and Watson probably would fit quite well in one of the existing factions.

As a strange coincidence I listened to good omens and American gods audio books on the way up to and back from the wedding haha, what are the odds :D

PeteDG

Post by PeteDG » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:02 pm

Some really nifty ideas here guys.
To be honest we have considered Sherlock & Watson but they have been done a little often ;) There are some other interesting characters in the books though...
We have a stash of ideas, none of which are sufficiently developed to really talk about, but rest assured we are making plans for the future!
The Atlanteans will be awesome - as I think I said earlier we are currently working to define what makes them unique and from that will flow the overall theme of the Faction.

Horrabin

Post by Horrabin » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:46 am

Just like the canopic jars in Egypt,maybe creatures (living and dead) in close
proximity to the Nodes in London have started to become sentient?

PeteDG

Post by PeteDG » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:08 am

Once again - an interesting idea that!
I've been pondering those Sky Pirates lately - I think I have a spot for them but I will need to think on it more ;)

Horrabin

Post by Horrabin » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:19 pm

How about:-
Mina Murray,
Allan Quatermain,
Captain Nemo,
Dr Henry Jekyll/Edward Hyde,
Hawley Griffin,
Orlando,
Thomas Carnacki,
A.J.Raffles

These characters would look fantastic twisted.

Geoffro

Post by Geoffro » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:18 pm

I love the idea of the Atlanteans as it's not something I've seen before! I hope a mechanical minotaur finds its way into the faction??? :D

Not sure if it would fit the fluff but the what about the idea of the Engine Nodes and crossing that with Stonehenge for a bit of ancient Celt/Druidic influence. You could sculpt a steampunk William Wallace! :shock:

Or a secret society, chasing the power of the Engine. This would be cool as you can really choose any types of people to make characters out of.

Well done Sebastian and Pete for building a universe that's firing up our collective imaginations!!!

PeteDG

Post by PeteDG » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:05 am

Thanks guys!

owen matthew

Post by owen matthew » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:37 am

Sky Pirates and the Church sound AWESOME!

I love the Orlando idea, but Lancelot is already here. Mina Harker is sweet.... sone really good ideas here!

Trystero

Post by Trystero » Thu May 18, 2017 2:45 pm

Hey all,

I've been through the character rules (a few times now haha) and I reckon there's a capability gap for a model that does very low damage at range that goes either straight through armour or drastically reduces it's effectiveness against the shot. I'm seeing it as a character designed to pick off the remaining health points on wounded models or to guarantee a point or two of damage on really tough/armoured enemies.

As a drawback maybe it could have low range and/or crumple really quickly in close combat.

Fluff-wise I reckon the attack could be some sort of acid/poison dart. Perhaps that would fit in with the Egyptians?

I reckon it would be cool as a deployable turret-style weapon platform for defending a location or bottleneck.