Future models and faction speculation

The place to talk about anything Twisted related that doesn't quite fit elsewhere
Trystero

Future models and faction speculation

Post by Trystero » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:42 pm

Hi Twisted supporters and fans,

I'd like to start a broad and speculative discussion about the potential models and factions that we might see or would like to see in future in Twisted.

I think it's important to state from the onset that this isn't intended to be a list of demands, but rather the equivalent of a fanfiction-cross-wishlist I guess. I'm sure Peter and Sebastian have their vision for where the game will go, but I love the idea of a brainstorming session with like-minded fans creating the seeds that bloom into a new faction or model or game mechanic.

Personally, I am hoping to see things like synergies and bonuses for taking Guild members from the same origin I.e. Monkey King team. I also reckon it would be great to see the full Oz squad; there would be a lot that could be done design-wise in Twisted versions of the tin man, the lion and the scarecrow - maybe three hulking bodyguards for Dorothy.

I am very keen to see what the Atlanteans, Egyptian and Guild playstyles are like. I suspect (if not in these factions then later on) we'll see factions that are linked more heavily to one of the alchemantic elements. I'm guessing Atlanteans will have more so watery themed magic, but if not I'd love to see a naval/piratical themed faction for the flavour :)

And it maybe a little cliche nowadays but there is a lot of material in Lovecraftian lore for a religious summoning style sect.

Anyhow, just thought I'd get the ball rolling. What are other people hoping for or suspect the game's future holds?

PeteDG

Re: Future models and faction speculation

Post by PeteDG » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:12 pm

What a cool topic! I shall keep a close eye on it ;)
"E'es not dyin' less I kills 'im!" - Bill Psyches

Artificial Soul

Post by Artificial Soul » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:29 pm

I concur, this is going to be a great topic! Never clued on with Dorothy and potential Oz bodyguards :)

As a wishlist for existing factions I'd like to see an Urkin character 'The Lord' with a fly-styled mask, giving a nod to the Lord of the Flies novel. For the servants, a Gentlefolk Burglar, complete with sack with dollar (or pound) sign on it! :D

Maybe as a new faction idea/wish would be a crew of Sky-pirates/thieves who are off to steal the engine node (or just regular loot, whichever is easier). Each one is in it for themselves but 2+ sets of hands = more hands to grab more loot! They could be linked heavily to wind/air alchemancy, hopping around the board and being hard to hit, yet fold like wet cardboard when a blow lands (gotta be light to fly).
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.
I have a blog! https://peddlerofmagic.wordpress.com/ and a FB page for painting! https://www.facebook.com/PeddlerofMagic/

PeteDG

Post by PeteDG » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:14 pm

Some cool ideas already! :D
There are plans afoot for Dorothy's companions. Still in early sketch stages but we'll move onto all that sort of stuff once the Kickstarter is all away ;)

Geoffro

Post by Geoffro » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:09 pm

I love the idea of Sky Pirates... 'stardust' style, a Robert De Niro steampunk Captain would be awesome 8-)

What about the Catholic Church out to destroy the engine and the knowledge of its existence, unbeknowingly tapping into its power by the priesthoods prayers. I'm thinking priests, holy warriors, Swiss guard, inquisitors and witch hunters.

PeteDG

Post by PeteDG » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:11 pm

Interesting... that would take some very careful thought but it's an interesting idea.

Trystero

Post by Trystero » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:15 am

Glad to hear the topic gets your approval Peter :)

Sky pirates sound awesome :D I'm seeing potential for a highly manoeuvrable gang (steampowered jetpacks?) that get attempts at theft as a free action in close combats (at a reasonably high finesse check).

On second thought maybe the Oz crew would serve better as miniaturised versions, like chibi style minions. This would keep points down at least - though I would love to see what kind of nightmarish model the scarecrow could be as a hulking brute :D

The pugilistic duo of Sherlock and Watson could be awesome - perhaps part of a police oriented faction?

I reckon a faction that relies on or favours taking advantage of the environment would be tactically interesting - getting further bonuses to jumping down on, surrounding or flanking enemies (ninja-esque?). Thoughts?
Last edited by Trystero on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Artificial Soul

Post by Artificial Soul » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:08 pm

Stardust style sky-pirates would be awesomesauce, Geoffro :D

If the nodes themselves have some autonomy, could a different node be tasked by the engine to move the London one, or destroy it to prevent the Engine being found?

I think Sherlock+Watson would be GoH characters, or possibly Servant characters- leading the bobbies in search of nefarious Dickensians :)
I have a blog! https://peddlerofmagic.wordpress.com/ and a FB page for painting! https://www.facebook.com/PeddlerofMagic/

PeteDG

Post by PeteDG » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:46 pm

I've not seen Stardust. I've just googled it and now have to check it out ;)

Artificial Soul

Post by Artificial Soul » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:07 pm

It's good- it's based off a book by Niel Gaiman, so worth checking out. Oh! Also- Neverwhere. It's set in London as well and has the same vibe almost as Twisted :D