Why did you choose your faction/s?

The place to talk about anything Twisted related that doesn't quite fit elsewhere
Geoffro

Re: Why did you choose your faction/s?

Post by Geoffro » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:09 am

I love them all :) and decided one box from each faction was 'fair' and would give me a good chance to see what I liked the best.

I love the idea of a horde of Urkin sneaking across the board. But then the gentlefolk sculpts blow my mind! I'm pretty sure I'll be purchasing some more to round out the collection soon.

PeteDG

Post by PeteDG » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:13 am

Sebastian and I will be making some moves to expand both the Urkin and Gentlefolk with more minis. They might be a while off yet but we intend to keep support up for the Dickensians and Servants whilst the other Factions grow.
"E'es not dyin' less I kills 'im!" - Bill Psyches

owen matthew

Post by owen matthew » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:38 am

MORE URKIN!? Be still my heart!!!

SebDG

Post by SebDG » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:38 pm

We certainly still have a few surprises in store - aint that right, Pete? ;) :mrgreen:

PeteDG

Post by PeteDG » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:26 pm

Oh yes - many cunning plans!

owen matthew

Post by owen matthew » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:45 pm

Teases! :)

kotep

Post by kotep » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:33 am

Egyptians first and foremost for me!

I love the aesthetics of the Egyptians (I even have some Egyptian themed tattoos...) so it was no-brainer for me.

The real problem is that I love all the models and factions...seriously! I can see myself collecting pretty much all of them, but I'm too intimidated to paint them (I'll have to get someone else who can do them justice as they're beautiful sculpts!)

Alpharius

Post by Alpharius » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:48 am

Well, I ended up with 'everything' for Servants, Dickensians and Egyptians.

(Along with quite a bit of terrain - though I already want more!)

Lack of funds AND lack of metal options stopped me from getting many of the Guild - but I'll be picking them all up once they're available in metal down the road.

If I'm being honest, while I love the Egyptians, it was the 'Gentlefolk' stuff for the Servants that really drew me in and made me take the plunge.

The Lancer, Gamekeeper, Sailor and Blacksmith are all ace!

I am still holding out hope for an Avatar of Anubis or maybe Horus, to face off with Set, with the rule that you can only field a single 'Avatar' per army, of course!

It would be great to see them facing off against each other though - and give a good reason for Egyptian vs. Egyptian battles too...
Nil nos tremefacit.

PeteDG

Post by PeteDG » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:57 am

I too would like to see more Avatars! I agree - one avatar per force! I haven't finished with the rules for the Avatar yet but I can't imagine him being much less than 70-90 points (so 1/3 to 1/2 your points almost in a 200 point game). Once I've finished tinkering I'll run him through our points calculation system and let you know :-)

Artificial Soul

Post by Artificial Soul » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:46 pm

Avatars of Ra/Horus/Anubis would be massively cool!

I've slid firmly into Dickensian territory having re-opened and added the expansion set onto my initial pledge + the dickensian starter. The Urkin dragoon is too good to pass up! The urkin in general give off a Lord of the Flies vibe and I'm digging it :D Plus reading through the snippets of the Dickensians, Feygin is pretty cool (if self serving), as is Dodger
Last edited by Artificial Soul on Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.
I have a blog! https://peddlerofmagic.wordpress.com/ and a FB page for painting! https://www.facebook.com/PeddlerofMagic/