Why did you choose your faction/s?

The place to talk about anything Twisted related that doesn't quite fit elsewhere
PeteDG

Re: Why did you choose your faction/s?

Post by PeteDG » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:59 pm

I'm really happy with the dynamic of the Dickensians Faction. I really enjoy writing the tension between Feygin and Nancy :D
"E'es not dyin' less I kills 'im!" - Bill Psyches

Artificial Soul

Post by Artificial Soul » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:21 pm

I love reading about that tension :lol: Feygin seems to be amoral, but he seems to regret finding the node and the change it's wrought.

Loving the effort you've put into making the setting (and game) :)
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.
I have a blog! https://peddlerofmagic.wordpress.com/ and a FB page for painting! https://www.facebook.com/PeddlerofMagic/

PeteDG

Post by PeteDG » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:46 pm

Feygin is largely concerned with his own welfare but he does have a soft spot for Ollyver and, to a lesser extent the other urkin.
If it came down to brass tacks he'd always choose his own safety though :-)

Megagribix

Post by Megagribix » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:37 pm

I've picked a faction box from all 3 factions, but the character of the urkins and their sculpts are easily my favourite and will be fun to paint. The Avatar of Set and Lancer models are brilliant also.

Artificial Soul

Post by Artificial Soul » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:48 pm

Once the general release happens, I'll pick up the other Servants set and the Egyptians as well- They'd make for great centrepieces to build a list around :)
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.
I have a blog! https://peddlerofmagic.wordpress.com/ and a FB page for painting! https://www.facebook.com/PeddlerofMagic/

PeteDG

Post by PeteDG » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:24 am

Great! I'm really pleased to see that all the factions seem to be popular :-)

Trystero

Post by Trystero » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:27 pm

The concept, detail and idea of painting the Urkin sold me on Twisted initially. Even for unnamed characters, each one is still bursting with character and flavour, which is what I want in a skirmish game.
My interest in the game was further cemented with the Egyptians and a comment about a potential Atlantean faction. As the checkpoint rewards rolled in during the kickstarter, I saw an opportunity to get my girlfriend involved with some of the Guild having Disney origins - which she loves. Since then she has claimed dibs on the Atlanteans when they arrive, but I don't mind if it means she's keen to play :D

PeteDG

Post by PeteDG » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:05 pm

That's really cool to hear Trystero! Both Seb and I area really happy with the Urkin too :-)
It's nice to hear your girlfriend is keen too. We have tried really hard to make Twisted as inclusive of women as we can. Every Faction has good, strong female characters and that's something we are keen to pursue in the future.

Megabrix - Nice Avatar! I'm working on an Avatar pack for you all at the moment. I hope to have it all done soon.

Howard1970

Post by Howard1970 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:09 am

I came across demented games website what seems an age ago now. Ordered Sowerberry and Launcelot on the spot, was blown away with the images. And wasn't disappointed when the real thing arrived. So when the KS starter was announced it was a no brainer for me to jump on board. I've gone with miniatures that visually jump out at me, I don't game now but love painting still.