Horace de Havilland - preview pics!

For discussion of all the shiny new stuff
SebDG

Horace de Havilland - preview pics!

Post by SebDG » Sun May 28, 2017 7:17 pm

Hi everyone, I mentioned I might give an early preview of the rest of the Horace pics to all of you who've signed up to the forum - so here we go! :mrgreen: Thanks again for getting on board, it's great to have you here. I'm sure these forums will become much more active once everyone starts receiving their rewards :D

So: here's Horace de Havilland, one of the unique heroes from the Egyptian Faction. In case you haven't twigged to the name (I'm usually pretty slow at that sort of thing, myself!), Horace is meant to evoke 'Horus', the Ancient Egyptian falcon-headed god.

In order to steampunk our version of Horus for Twisted, with tried to use this falcon motif in a few different ways: his cape has a sort of 'falcon-tail' shape at the bottom (repeated in the mid-length upper layer); he has a very aquiline face and beak-like nose, as well as a lithe body shape; there is a bird head on his back-pack tank and a 'Horus-head' canopic jar hanging on the back of his cape; and of course (to state the obvious) he has a large mechanical falcon perched on his hand!

This miniature is based on the wonderful artwork by Owen Aurelio (thanks again, Owen!). The miniature was sculpted with a 50:50 mix of Super Sculpey Firm and BeeSPutty Plastic (both polymer clays), with a few extra touches of Tamiya Quick Type (a yellow-bone coloured two-part epoxy putty).

There are two options for Horace's left hand: the pointing hand, and the long pistol. Both options come with the miniature so you are free to take your pick :) You can see the two versions in the photos below.

If you've got any questions about the sculpt, I'm more than happy to answer :) (btw I sculpted this one myself - I probably should've mentioned that earlier! :oops: :mrgreen: )

-sebastian

Pointing Hand

Pistol Hand

Concept Artwork

Gonzoangel

Re: Horace de Havilland - preview pics!

Post by Gonzoangel » Mon May 29, 2017 8:58 pm

Amazing stuff, love it!
Looking more and more like Egyptians will be my next faction.

Alpharius

Post by Alpharius » Tue May 30, 2017 10:30 am

Hard not to go with the 'pistol' option! :)

Is there a 'holstered pistol' bit though, if we do want to use the pointing one instead?
Nil nos tremefacit.

SebDG

Post by SebDG » Tue May 30, 2017 5:32 pm

Alpharius wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 10:30 am
Hard not to go with the 'pistol' option! :)
Funny you should say that - I know Peter much prefers the pointing hand! :mrgreen: It's fun giving people the choice: it will be interesting to see which one is more popular :)

There is no holster option but I guess it would be easy to create your own with the pistol piece - just snip off the hand (the join is behind the cuff) and make a little strap holstering the pistol somewhere. Though he hardly needs the pistol to attack: that mechanical falcon is going to be a pretty dangerous form of ranged attack, according to Peter-The-Rules-Master! :ugeek:

Trystero

Post by Trystero » Tue May 30, 2017 7:46 pm

Horace looks amazing, it's such a cool pose. I can't wait to paint the falcon :D

Howard1970

Post by Howard1970 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:15 pm

Outstanding work, looks like I'll be putting these on my wish list.....

HarveyB

Post by HarveyB » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:45 pm

Wow that looks so cool.