Kickstarter Rewards Shipping Update?

For discussion of all the shiny new stuff
Alpharius

Kickstarter Rewards Shipping Update?

Post by Alpharius » Thu May 04, 2017 9:12 am

You know what would really get this place hopping?

A Kickstarter Rewards Shipping Update! :)

All kidding aside, I'd love one - even if it is just a 'sneak preview' of an Official Update.

And once we all finally have our stuff?

Well yes, that will *really* get this place hopping!
Nil nos tremefacit.

SebDG

Re: Kickstarter Rewards Shipping Update?

Post by SebDG » Thu May 04, 2017 2:53 pm

Hi Alpharius - thanks for the question, I think a shipping news update is probably due! :)

Peter and I want to be very upfront about everything that's happening, you guys have been so generous with your support and you all deserve to know exactly what's happening. Thanks for being so patient with us, we know it is taking a bit longer than we anticipated but we are working as fast as we can to get everything done without compromising quality. It's very important to Peter and I that we create the best quality product possible!

Right now we are madly packing rewards in preparation for the final push, and getting the last few extra items printed and produced:

Printed Material:

All the Twisted Rulebook Boxes have now arrived from the printer, they've been unloaded here in Sydney and they are due to be delivered to us early next week. I've booked a warehouse space here in Sydney so that we have room to put everything together and prepare for the final boxing up of all the Wave 1 rewards.

A couple of hours ago I had 8 boxes of Character and Activation cards arrive (courtesy Peter!) so I'm going to start collating and packing those up for inclusion in all of the Faction Boxes. Peter is finalising the printed artwork sleeves for the Faction Boxes as we speak, as well as the final bits of printed packaging we need (some of you may remember that Peter works at a printing place!). So all the printing is pretty close to complete.

Miniatures:

All the moulds have been made and most of the metal casting is complete, we are just waiting on Eureka to finish off casting for the last miniatures for Wave 1. Nic (the boss at Eureka) has been at Salute but he is now back to work and on-track to have all of the casting complete later this month. In the meantime, I've been furiously packing the miniatures we've already had cast in preparation for the Faction Boxes. I've packed nearly half the individual metal miniatures for Wave 1, and once they're all packed we can then assemble them into the final Faction Boxes.

All the resin casting is complete. I still need to pack some of the blister packs but that shouldn't take too long - I'm planning to have that done over the next week or so. We are just waiting on some tweaks to the printed blister packing cards to make them look nicer (which Peter is doing as we speak!)

Terrain:

Miniature Scenery in Melbourne is still going strong laser cutting our terrain. They are working as fast as they can and there is still a bit to do, but last we heard they are still on schedule to finish all the cutting later this month. Peter visits them regularly to check their progress, and we're good friends with the guys from Miniature Scenery.

All the terrain is pre-packed and shrink-wrapped, and Peter is going to hire a truck and drive up to Sydney loaded up with it all so that we can do the final boxing for the rewards.

How long until Kickstarter Wave 1 ships?

In about 1 month from now we are planning to ship out the KS Wave 1 rewards boxes to our fulfilment partners in the UK and the USA.

As I've mentioned above, we've got probably 85-90% of production complete and we're well into packing. From next week onwards I've organised a small warehouse space here in Sydney where Peter and I can complete the final assembly of all your Kickstarter reward boxes. We are estimating that it will take about a month to finalise all the production and packing, and ship everything out. We are going to hit the packing REALLY hard over the next month and make sure we get everything done!

When we've finished all the packing, the Kickstarter Reward boxes containing all your goodies will be shipped to a fulfilment partner we've organised either in the USA or in the UK (ie. within the EU), based on your location. Your boxes will then be sent to you directly from our fulfilment partners. This means that there will be no duty or taxes for you to pay! :)

---------------------

I hope that information all makes sense. Sorry we can't be specific with exact dates, but as you can see we are slowly but surely getting closer! :)

-sebastian

Alpharius

Post by Alpharius » Thu May 04, 2017 11:23 pm

Sebastian,

Wow!

Now that was an update - and much appreciated!

It looks like we'll all be getting our stuff sometime in June/July then - awesome!

And again, thank you for the fantastic level of customer service and interaction - that's a breath of fresh air indeed!
Nil nos tremefacit.

SebDG

Post by SebDG » Fri May 05, 2017 8:36 am

No worries at all, Peter and I enjoy chatting with you guys and keeping you in the loop! :D I hope that gives you a bit of insight into what we're doing with ourselves at the moment - so much logistical stuff to work out :shock:

To be completely honest it will definitely be after June that you receive your stuff: it's true we plan to ship all the boxes to our fulfilment partners in early-to-mid June, but the shipment will take a bit of time to reach them, and then needs to be received, boxes unloaded and sent out to you. And if we've learnt one thing through all of this, it's that these things always take longer than expected! Hopefully not too much longer though, fingers crossed :) We'll keep you updated throughout the process though, of course :mrgreen:

One thing I forgot to mention above: at the same time as all of that crazy production and packing stuff is happening, we are still (naturally!) forging ahead to finish off all of Wave 2! The miniatures are going really well: we are scheduled (and currently yon track) to have the remainder of the Wave 2 miniatures completed/sculpted by the end of June, which is great news. Peter has also been working hard on Egyptians' rules in between the work on the Wave 1 fulfillment (I don't know how Peter has any time left, he works very hard!), so we are looking great for Wave 2 later this year.

Alpharius

Post by Alpharius » Fri May 05, 2017 9:57 pm

I'll reset expectations to July/August then - no worries!

We're all just really looking forward to finally being able to get started on TWISTED...
Nil nos tremefacit.

PeteDG

Post by PeteDG » Sat May 06, 2017 7:06 am

Thanks for being so cool about it :-)
We are much wiser now about how long these kinds of things take. I think our original estimate was done with "youthful enthusiasm". :mrgreen:
Having said that we are so close we can smell it now and both Seb and I are terribly excited for you all to get your stuff!
"E'es not dyin' less I kills 'im!" - Bill Psyches

Tauwolf

Post by Tauwolf » Sat May 06, 2017 4:36 pm

Awesome update. Thank you!

Trystero

Post by Trystero » Sat May 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Thanks for the update guys, it's good to know when we're going to be able to get stuck into the painting and playing :D

Asmodire

Post by Asmodire » Sat May 06, 2017 5:15 pm

Exciting times!! You guys are doing great work! Definitley one of the best kickstarters I have backed so far as comms go!

PeteDG

Post by PeteDG » Sat May 06, 2017 5:38 pm

Thank you! I have backed a few in my time and often feel a bit "left out in the cold" by communication. It's really important to both Sebastian and I that we offer those who put such faith in us the simple courtesy of keeping you all informed as best we can.
"E'es not dyin' less I kills 'im!" - Bill Psyches