Twisted Digital Rulebook

For discussion of all the shiny new stuff
Philipp S.

Re: Twisted Digital Rulebook

Post by Philipp S. » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:12 pm

After flipping through the rulebook I started to read and I'm really happy with everything so far.
No fluff for now, so I have something new to look for, when the box arrives. Artwork and editing looks really beautiful and the illustrations and pictures are very helpful.
As I'm not native english (german) I have to say, that the language is very clear and all mechanics are quite easy to understand. To be fair, I'm not the one who reads rulebooks to find power combos or dead end mechanics to exploit the game and be the only one who'll have fun with it ;-)

Very nice to see how combined elements of classical roleplaying games, boardgames and miniature games into one without wanting too much and jumping the shark.
I even think, that people new to "the hobby" will be attracted by the game, cause the ruleset is written that well. It reads very organic and not like a reader for math students :-)
Chapter descriptions are absolutely great! love them!

So now, I'll continue reading, prepare the next buildings for my gaming table and wait for the box to arrive, so I can start immediately :-)

PeteDG

Post by PeteDG » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:28 pm

Thanks Phillip! That's very nice of you! I'm so pleased you are happy with the rules :D
It's interesting to see you picked up the RPG influence. I've been playing D&D for so long it was kinda inevitable :lol:
"E'es not dyin' less I kills 'im!" - Bill Psyches

PeteDG

Post by PeteDG » Wed May 10, 2017 5:41 am

Hi All,
The Electronic rulebook has been updated with a change to Page 59. The use of "The Marvellous Averager" wording has been altered slightly to clear up a small issue. Its use now needs to be declared before any dice is rolled in an Opposed Roll.

PeteDG

Post by PeteDG » Sun May 14, 2017 1:45 pm

Hi again all,
A couple of small updates to the Electronic files:

Page 58: Clarified the difference between a "Wall Breaker Round" and "Sebastian's Superior Sights". The Wall Breaker affects only physical cover (walls, barrels etc), the Sights affect all cover including other Characters.

Tarot of Taxing Tasks: Removed pages 3 & 4 which were just a repeat of First Blood a bunch of times. Sorry! a page duplication error at my end! :mrgreen:

Cheers
Pete

Alpharius

Post by Alpharius » Mon May 15, 2017 10:39 pm

What PDF version is the one that went to print?
Nil nos tremefacit.

PeteDG

Post by PeteDG » Tue May 16, 2017 5:27 am

The first one :oops: The mistakes found so far will be present in the books you receive.
We checked and checked and checked but some still sneaked through.
For the cards though the file printed from was different so that small extra page isn't an issue.

Trystero

Post by Trystero » Tue May 16, 2017 6:34 am

It's not a big deal though, it seems like most of the changes aren't so much mistakes but rather clarifications. Most of those only become an issue in the rare chance that players come across them in play, and with the game designers on hand in this forum, questions or disputes between players will be fairly quickly resolved anyway.

PeteDG

Post by PeteDG » Tue May 16, 2017 6:42 am

That's good to hear! I was told to expect some mistakes but it doesn't make them any less horrifying when one is found :D

Alpharius

Post by Alpharius » Wed May 17, 2017 12:16 pm

Agreed!

No big deal, and the errata/fix page is actually quite small anyway! :)
Nil nos tremefacit.

PeteDG

Post by PeteDG » Wed May 17, 2017 1:57 pm

Yeah - it's a smallish document. Hopefully it stays that way!
I was looking at the one for the Pathfinder RPG rules a while back and that was 54 pages!