Foamboard table

The place to discuss Terrain and show off your Twisted Gaming Tables
SebDG

Re: Foamboard table

Post by SebDG » Fri May 19, 2017 8:15 am

Awesome work - this is so cool, really makes me feel like getting creative myself :D I'm liking the mix of different brick and wood textures, and the layout looks like it will have plenty of twists and turns

Now all we need is for Peter to come up with some rules for Tyranids in Twisted, right? That one in your pic definitely has the 'Lurk' ability :mrgreen:

PeteDG

Post by PeteDG » Fri May 19, 2017 9:49 am

Ahhh... A 40k twisted crossover :lol:
"E'es not dyin' less I kills 'im!" - Bill Psyches

Trystero

Post by Trystero » Sun May 28, 2017 9:34 am

Sorry about the MIA status, I've been travelling with little net access.

So just a quick pic update, here is a house I've been working on, the instructions and step by step process I'll be putting up in a tutorial (in another topic) today. The house isn't finished, and this is probably not the best angle, but the tute will have more pics and more detail.
Attachments
DSC_0690.JPG
DSC_0690.JPG (102.58 KiB) Viewed 228 times

PeteDG

Post by PeteDG » Sun May 28, 2017 11:17 am

That is super cool! I love the random design and lack of symmetry. This is going to be a truly brilliant table!
"E'es not dyin' less I kills 'im!" - Bill Psyches

Artificial Soul

Post by Artificial Soul » Sun May 28, 2017 9:23 pm

Trystero, I'm loving that second story of that house and the balcony looks great- any plan to add a table and chair to it?
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.
I have a blog! https://peddlerofmagic.wordpress.com/ and a FB page for painting! https://www.facebook.com/PeddlerofMagic/

Gonzoangel

Post by Gonzoangel » Mon May 29, 2017 9:05 pm

Brilliant, brilliant stuff, keep it coming.
Definitely a board I'd love to play on.

Trystero

Post by Trystero » Tue May 30, 2017 6:31 am

Thanks guys, I really want to push to get this section of 2x4 foot done by this Saturday - that's the current goal. If I can do that I'll have some more pics and with any luck I'll have mounted it all on the mdf frame I've built.

@Artificial Soul: As for a table and chair, I'd love to have that level of detail eventually, I guess for now I'm just trying to do a more macro-scale build to make sure everything fits and will allow the movement and positioning of the largest of Twisted bases (@40mm). I'm trying to keep that in mind for all the higher surfaces I'm building as I believe the game mechanics lend themselves to multilevel combat - whether that's to have an elevated position to shoot from, a tucked away cloistered walkway to be forgotten about in, or as a quick shortcut through a building to secure a location your opponent hadn't considered possible. My tyranid warrior has an approximate base size of 40mm and fits up on the balcony quite well so that one at least works well for now. But yes eventually there will be extra small terrain all over the board and I'm sure your bead bottles wouldn't look out of place tucked into the balcony corner with an assortment of small sacks and a chest :D

Howard1970

Post by Howard1970 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:44 am

Wow man..... just found this thread and gotta say I'm super impressed with the board. Indpiring dude