Engine Nodes

The place to discuss Terrain and show off your Twisted Gaming Tables
PeteDG

Re: Engine Nodes

Post by PeteDG » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:06 pm

Oh that's cool! In terms of size I feel like the Node itself would be the round but in front of the skull, the rest being "growth" and decoration. It might actually be interesting to view the Node as the bottom bit of the pipe to the lady's right - that has a nice complexity and is also about the right size to my mind.
Having said that it is your terrain and Twisted is now your game :D If you want the node to be larger go for it! I'll support your theory ;)
"E'es not dyin' less I kills 'im!" - Bill Psyches

Horrabin

Post by Horrabin » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:09 pm

Thinking how to incorporate an Engine node into the terrain?
How about having a recess under a raised walkway.This would
create an underground chamber.At the start of a game decide
how to access it and the consequences.

PeteDG

Post by PeteDG » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:29 am

That would work - kinda like the Zombicide Black Plague Vaults.
You move onto a counter and open the door and then enter a separate - off board - room.
If you were really keen a whole sewer system could be developed and fought through. Maybe the first mission involves clearing the access point of your opponent (or defending it) and then the table is set up as a sewer system and another game is run that features a few rules tweaks that might be needed to cope with the restricted space (e.g. stop large minis becoming impassable road blocks).
I'm keen to develop lots of small campaigns and missions for Twisted over time so these kinds of ideas will be very helpful. I'm always up for considering suggestions from our players ;)
"E'es not dyin' less I kills 'im!" - Bill Psyches