Math paints Twisted

Show off your painted Twisted miniatures here along with conversions and other stuff
Math Mathonwy

Math paints Twisted

Post by Math Mathonwy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:01 am

I'm hosting a January project on the Finnish forums where the idea is that each participant commits to a project for January, pick a technique to push themselves with, and then reports every weekend. The project should be finished on on the fourth weekend.

I picked for my project a 200 point list of Servants of the Engine.

This is where I was on Monday. For my technique, I picked "good copper". I haven't painted anything copper in ten years or so. It's been a difficult metal to work with ending up really dominant and I'm also not a big fan of the oxidized look as it often messes up the shadows (if you don't want it messing up shadows, it takes a lot of effort to do it well).

So I got this:

Hopefully it'll work. For the colour scheme, I'm going with cyan and white for the most part. And copper, of course, for the robot parts.

Wish me luck!

Next update in a couple of days. Also, my first game on Monday (with half painted models (boo! hiss!)). Very excited for that one as well!

PeteDG

Re: Math paints Twisted

Post by PeteDG » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:40 am

I have the Garnet one myself and it works a treat! I look forward to seeing how you get on!
"E'es not dyin' less I kills 'im!" - Bill Psyches

Math Mathonwy

Post by Math Mathonwy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:28 am

Didn't quite go as planned - life got in the way. But something was achieved anyways:

The January project as such went fine in that we got quite a few participants who did better than me :D

I did, however, get the Highwaywoman finished. No varnish so if anyone comes up with something I should still do - feel free to suggest!

I can't praise the Scale 75 metal paints enough. They are just phenomenal. Painting copper was a pure joy and by far the part I liked the best. They shine just the right amount, they cover just perfectly, they flow brilliantly. All in all the best metal paints I've tried during my almost 30 years of painting (and I've bottles from a dozen or so minis paint manufacturers so this isn't low praise).

Just make sure to get agitator balls as they need seriously vigorous shaking.

PeteDG

Post by PeteDG » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:37 am

That's going to be a really cool Company when they are all finished.
I won't comment on your Highwaywoman just yet - you'll have to wait for the competition feedback :-)
"E'es not dyin' less I kills 'im!" - Bill Psyches