Twisted Holiday Painting Competition!

Show off your painted Twisted miniatures here along with conversions and other stuff
SebDG

Twisted Holiday Painting Competition!

Post by SebDG » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:03 pm

TWISTED HOLIDAY PAINTING COMPETITION - NOW ON!

Hose down the wet palettes, fire up your brushes and carefully label the painting vs drinking mugs - it's time to enter the inaugural Twisted painting competition!

https://www.dementedgames.com/pages/paintingcompetition

Everyone is welcome and encouraged to enter, no matter your skill-level. The focus is squarely on fun and we want you all to get involved. Have a go and show us what you can do!

It's an Online competition so anyone can enter, worldwide: just paint a mini, snap a photo and email your entry to [email protected] (don't forget your name/name of your entry!). Competition runs until Sunday, Feb 4, 2018.

Everyone receives a prize: a FREE 10% OFF COUPON CODE to use on anything from the Twisted shop, whenever you like! This is our thank-you gift to you for entering the competition.

Cool prizes for winners including Twisted store vouchers, advance copies of special new miniatures, signed artwork and more to be announced.

The competition entries will be featured in a gallery page on the Twisted website, here on the Twisted Forum, and on our Twisted Facebook page.

Have fun, be involved and get creative!

Full details on the website: https://www.dementedgames.com/pages/paintingcompetition

Corpuscle

Re: Twisted Holiday Painting Competition!

Post by Corpuscle » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:36 am

Evening all (well it is where I am) 😉
I’m up for this and I know Conrad seems to be too.
Also, hello 👋

SebDG

Post by SebDG » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:18 pm

I can't wait to see what you guys come up with -I'm excited! What do you think you'll choose to paint?

I'm going to keep spreading the word about the competition in the lead-up to the Christmas break, and we'll see if we can get a great turnout :D

Corpuscle

Post by Corpuscle » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:28 pm

SebDG wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:18 pm
I can't wait to see what you guys come up with -I'm excited! What do you think you'll choose to paint
Probably the whole Gentlefolk starter with the blacksmith as the test piece (he’s already cleaned and primed).

PeteDG

Post by PeteDG » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:10 am

Oh Nice! Going large I see :lol:
Very keen to see the results!
"E'es not dyin' less I kills 'im!" - Bill Psyches

SebDG

Post by SebDG » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:16 pm

Categories announced!

Only 2 months to go - how is everyone going with their entries? Who's started?? :mrgreen: What are your plans for the competition?

Math Mathonwy

Post by Math Mathonwy » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:03 pm

Are we allowed to share photos of the entries before the competition? WIPs? Finished models?

I'm arranging a "January Painting" on the Finnish forums where the idea is to plan and prep a project during December and then get it done during January with weekly reports on progress. The project can be anything and there's no competition but just happy cheering on but the catch is that you need to push yourself somehow with a new technique or simply striving to do something better than before. If I can show pics of the minis, I was thinking of tackling my Twisted Gentlefolk for this one.

SebDG

Post by SebDG » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:53 am

Hi Math,

Yes absolutely, please feel free to share WIPs and photos wherever you like - we would LOVE to see them here on the forum and ont he Twisted Facebook page! I was thinking of starting a 'painting comp news' regular facebook gallery or post to show some people's progress :)

We want to create a nice community spirit and fun vibe for this painting competition, so we absolutely encourage discussion, sharing ideas, getting advice, giving tips and general enjoyment of the whole painting process :D

Math Mathonwy

Post by Math Mathonwy » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:34 am

Brilliant, thanks, Seb!

I'll be sure to report here as well, then! (Though in English as opposed to Finnish...)

SebDG

Post by SebDG » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:08 pm

Hi guys, how is everyone going - have you all started your painting competition entries? I can't wait to see what you have come up with - I am really excited to see your painted versions of the Twisted minis! :D

If you need a bit of extra inspiration, I have written the first in a series of Twisted Painting Guides - it's now up on the website:

https://www.dementedgames.com/pages/painting-article-01

I have started a 'Twisted Painting Guides' forum thread in the painting section where you can ask questions or discuss the article - I'd love to hear your thoughts :)

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=92

------------------------------------