Kickstarter Exclusive Minis

Show off your painted Twisted miniatures here along with conversions and other stuff
WildBorr

Kickstarter Exclusive Minis

Post by WildBorr » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:21 pm

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I can't find anything. The exclusives, specifically Tinkerbell and Ariel, are there rules for these models? Are they meant to be proxies for other things? Or are they just supposed to be cool looking models? Just curious because I really like the way the two of them look.

PeteDG

Re: Kickstarter Exclusive Minis

Post by PeteDG » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:32 pm

They will have rules but they are part of wave 2 when the guild of harmony comes out. I'll see if I can publish an electronic version of their cards soon ;)
"E'es not dyin' less I kills 'im!" - Bill Psyches

AGN1964

Post by AGN1964 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:35 am

I think any information in advance of the official/final release would be great.

For example, some us might plan to have a paint scheme based on the faction these minis belong to (I think the stretch goal minis re independents, but I am not sure) or paint the minis according to their point value (I wan to get to 200 pts asap).

Anyway, information is good.
More details and more minis on my blog: http://hugeminiatures.blogspot.ca/

PeteDG

Post by PeteDG » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:51 am

Cool. I'd be happy to publish them as soon as I have an Alpha Version - maybe we could do a live playtest! :lol:

AGN1964

Post by AGN1964 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:58 am

As many of the free miniatures were Guild of Harmony
Update 105 says many on the free mini are Guild of Harmony. Perhaps this makes it even more important to publish information about the bonus minis in advance of the Wave 2 lock down. For example, I have not ordered the Guild of Harmony box set, and I don't think the free Guild of Harmony minis come to 200 pts, so I need to consider getting some Guild of Harmony so that I can get the freebies on the table.

As I said, information is useful.
More details and more minis on my blog: http://hugeminiatures.blogspot.ca/

PeteDG

Post by PeteDG » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:19 am

Good point.
I was actually doing work on Tinkerbelle yesterday. She's almost ready :-) Just need to figure out a points value and check one of her new Abilities works as I intend.

Tauwolf

Post by Tauwolf » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:13 pm

Am I wrong in thinking Guild characters can either be used together as a faction, or as mercenaries with the other factions?

PeteDG

Post by PeteDG » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:30 pm

You are correct. They can be run either as mercenaries or as a faction. Not all guild characters can ally with all other factions though.
I'll post more info soon!

Skullbokks

Post by Skullbokks » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:49 pm

I assume by
Not all guild characters can ally with all other factions though.
you are saying, for example, 'Tink will work with Servants but not with Dickensians', and not 'Tink will only work with Guild'. So all the Guild members will have a faction other than the Guild that they would work with? Or could there be Guild members who will only work with other Guild members?

I hope that made sense to you guys, as now I have finished writing it, it doesn't to me anymore :)

PeteDG

Post by PeteDG » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:42 pm

Currently (and this may change a little) the Guild will have three Subfactions.

Each of these has different ethical outlooks whilst overall the Guild of Harmony, as their name suggests, work to keep the other Factions in balance.
You will find that each ethical outlook will work only with certain Factions. For example Vinnie, who is a truly unpleasant individual, may not work with the Servants of The Engine whilst Dorothy may not work with the Dickensians. Someone like Zara who is perhaps more pragmatic might work with anyone. The Bold mays indicate these decisions are not final yet ;)

In any event all Guild Characters may work together. There may well be, as you say, some Guild Character who will only ever work for the Guild too!

It is also possible that some Guild Characters may not with certain other Characters (i.e. Nightingale and Pigsty may never be in the same Company) - that's still in consideration though!

What this means, in practice, is that occasionally the different outlooks in the Guild will sometimes find themselves at odds and may well end up on different sides of the same fight. They will take other Guild Members out of action in this circumstance but almost always take a non-lethal option (except Vinnie who, as I said, is a right bastard...)

As I said I'm still working through some of the wrinkles these kinds of mercenary rules cause but hope to resolve that really soon!

Cheers
Pete