Inspiring Twisted Miniatures

Show off your painted Twisted miniatures here along with conversions and other stuff
Geoffro

Inspiring Twisted Miniatures

Post by Geoffro » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:37 pm

I thought to get inspired, ready for miniatures to arrive, we should start a collection of painted twisted miniatures. Just don't let them put you off because I've seen some amazing miniatures!!! Like Ariel :shock: :shock: :shock: Soon we can start adding our own ones to the thread.

Hosted from http://www.destroyerminis.com/portfolio ... y/gallery/

Pete/Seb let me know if it's not OK to link somebody elses pictures like this, and I'll remove the image and keep the link.

PeteDG

Re: Inspiring Twisted Miniatures

Post by PeteDG » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:31 pm

That's fine! Go ahead - it will be nice to have more eyes scouting for the painted ones :-)
"E'es not dyin' less I kills 'im!" - Bill Psyches

Artificial Soul

Post by Artificial Soul » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:46 pm

O.O That freehand patterning on the lower section of the dress is phenomenal and the whole scene just blows my mind at what some of our fellow hobbyists out there can do!
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.
I have a blog! https://peddlerofmagic.wordpress.com/ and a FB page for painting! https://www.facebook.com/PeddlerofMagic/

PeteDG

Post by PeteDG » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:24 am

It is amazing - she's not a large mini either!
"E'es not dyin' less I kills 'im!" - Bill Psyches

Tauwolf

Post by Tauwolf » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:48 am

Artificial Soul wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:46 pm
O.O That freehand patterning on the lower section of the dress is phenomenal and the whole scene just blows my mind at what some of our fellow hobbyists out there can do!
Marike is one of the most talented painters in the world. Some people's work photographs really well, but her stuff is even more unbelievable in person.

SebDG

Post by SebDG » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:35 am

Do you guys remember Ben Komets' Launcelot from a while back? It's pretty cool!!

Horrabin

Post by Horrabin » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:55 pm

Seb,what about your "Bill Psyches" miniature I have seen on the web.It was one of the first miniature
I saw painted and deserves to be here.

SebDG

Post by SebDG » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:37 pm

Ok, you twisted my arm! :mrgreen: Here are some pics of the Bill Psyches I painted a while back. It was actually for the Crystal Brush competition a few years ago - Bill was the 2nd ever miniature sculpted for Twisted (Feygin was the 1st!).

Interestingly, this painted version of Bill is an 'old version' of the mini: we've ended up making a little modification so that Bill is slightly taller nowadays. We decided he needed a few mm of extra height to seem a bit more imposing! (we also swapped out that crushed 'hydrant' thing under his right foot, and put in a slightly bigger sewer pipe thing instead)

Geoffro

Post by Geoffro » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:34 pm

Awesome work Seb! :mrgreen:

Another one from the Guild of Harmony - Zara Craft by Agent_Venom from Ozpainters:

http://www.mainlymedieval.com/ozpainter ... f=6&t=5122

SebDG

Post by SebDG » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:43 am

Oh cool, yeah! I forgot Mark did that great jungle-y Zara Craft - it looks waaay better in person, I've been lucky to have the chance to hold it and look properly :)