Durations of Delights

Here we ponder the Fascinating Features, Dr Disraeli's Delights and anything rules related that doesn't fit elsewhere
Trystero

Durations of Delights

Post by Trystero » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:59 pm

I am a little confused about the duration/pricing of certain items, and hope that someone can explain it to me. No. 6 in the 2 point delights, 'Sheffield's Pronouncement' is a +1 armour item that uses an action to activate and lasts 1 turn. Also in the 2 point delights is No. 16 'Guarding Gorget' which provides a +2 armour and also requires an action but has no duration.

In the explanation of durations on the previous page it says if a duration is not stated it ends in the maintenance phase. So are these not going to end at the same time? And if so shouldn't their costs be different given the difference in bonus? I feel like I'm missing something obvious here :S

PeteDG

Re: Durations of Delights

Post by PeteDG » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:18 pm

Hi Trystero,
There is a difference. The Guarding Gorget has no duration listed so ends in the Maintenance Phase of the turn it is used.
Sheffield's Pronouncement has a duration of 1 turn so ends the Maintenance Phase of the turn AFTER the turn in which it is used.
In effect the Guarding Gorget protects you for your Activation and the rest of that turn only. Sheffield's Pronouncement will protect you for the turn you use it and until the Maintenance Phase of the next turn, giving you more or less 2 game turns of protection.
Does that make sense?
I did actually just notice the example is a little unclear, possibly even incorrect, though - I will refine that.
"E'es not dyin' less I kills 'im!" - Bill Psyches

PeteDG

Post by PeteDG » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:25 pm

Ok - yes - the example was a bit incorrect. It unfortunately got missed an was a hangover from an older version of the durations.
Sorry - Electronic file updated.
Dangit :oops:

Trystero

Post by Trystero » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:14 pm

Yep, great, I get it now :D

PeteDG

Post by PeteDG » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:53 pm

Cool. Apologies for the mistake!

PeteDG

Post by PeteDG » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:03 am

Hi all,
I've updated the FAQ & electronic book file! Allan (our editor) and I have had a look at this one again and decided that the example is actually correct. It was Sheffield's Pronouncement Duration that was wrong. That should be amended to 2 turns.
Electronic Files now reflect this.
Cheers