Setting up the game - Decks of cards

Here we ponder the Fascinating Features, Dr Disraeli's Delights and anything rules related that doesn't fit elsewhere
SpOOn

Setting up the game - Decks of cards

Post by SpOOn » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:12 pm

Had our first game the other night and a few questions popped up....
This one is probably a silly question.

When setting up a game do you each need a deck of Eye of the Engine/Magic cards and Tarot of taxing tasks for each player?
Or does it run off one of each between 2 players?

Does anyone else feel bad when bullseye or a harmless urkin dies?

Cheers
SpOOnY

PeteDG

Re: Setting up the game - Decks of cards

Post by PeteDG » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:06 pm

Hi There!
No question is a silly one!

The answer is as follows:

Eye of The Engine & Tarot of Taxing Tasks
- one deck of each per game. You could potentially use two Tarot Decks if you have them as it doesn't much matter if players have the same sub-mission but I'd suggest just one Eye of the Engine Deck as two might unbalance things a bit.

Alchemancy Deck You only need one but if you have a second it wouldn't hurt. If you select an Invocation your opponent also has it would be handy to both have the relevant card. You can get around it by printing out the electronic ones or simply noting the Invocations a character has taken and share the cards. I find it easiest to have the relevant cards on the table by my Alchemancer's card so it's a mental note as to what Invocations he or she has available.

The Urkin and Bullseye I do feel bad every time Bullseye gets taken out but the Urkin are wee psycho nutbags and I have little sympathy for them. Besisdes - they keep coming back so getting them upfront as an ablative shield for your more important characters is a perfectly valid tactic!
"E'es not dyin' less I kills 'im!" - Bill Psyches

SpOOn

Re: Setting up the game - Decks of cards

Post by SpOOn » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:47 pm

Awesome, thanks Pete!