Counting Victory Points

Here is the place to chat about Missions, Deployment and Campaigns
AGN1964

Counting Victory Points

Post by AGN1964 » Wed May 23, 2018 3:39 am

I am not sure I understand the counting of VPs.

In the general section, page 66, the wording looks very clear to me. 1 VP when a character is Wounded, and another 2 if they are knocked Out of Action. So a one shot kill immediately gives you 3 VPs, as it does both.

But the example on page 75, Blood on the Streets, gives a total of 11 VPs. It does include 2 VPs for the general Out of Action award, but does not include the general 1VP for Wounded.

Either the example is wrong, or the 2 VPs for general/Out of Action is not "in addition" to 1 for Wounded, it's "instead of" 1VP for Wounded.

I am guessing it is the example that is wrong. The general section looks clear to me and the Blood on the Streets categories are all "in addition" type rewards.
More details and more minis on my blog: http://hugeminiatures.blogspot.ca/

PeteDG

Re: Counting Victory Points

Post by PeteDG » Wed May 23, 2018 6:01 pm

****POST EDITED ON REFLECTION***
Hi again!
Thanks for all the questions! It is appreciated.
I actually think the main ruling in the book is less than clear. It is 1 VP for wounding and 2 TOTAL when if out of Action directly. You get a bonus VP is you manage to wound then Take out of Action a foe :oops:
So it works like this:
Wound foe 1 VP
Take foe out of Action after Wounding 2 VP
TOTAL 3 VP
Taking foe straight out of Action 2VP
TOTAL 2 VP
!This helps defray the relative weakness of the Characters like the Urkin who usually go straight from alive to dead! It also allows for VP to be gained by hurting tough characters like Launcelot who are then healed and may be taken out again later on.

How have you guys been playing it?
I'm always happy to take on board the feelings of the community in relation to this kind of thing.

Cheers
Pete
"E'es not dyin' less I kills 'im!" - Bill Psyches

Math Mathonwy

Post by Math Mathonwy » Wed May 30, 2018 3:14 am

Have to say that I also understood it the same way as AGN1964 but I really like the real deal! Sounds like a nice balancing act.

PeteDG

Post by PeteDG » Wed May 30, 2018 6:25 am

I guess the main thing is that it works either way ;)
I will look at rewording the electronic files a bit to clarify. It's funny how many things that are in the FAQ I though were so clear but then I have been told this is very common in rules design where the designer makes certain assumptions, based on his or her knowledge, and players assume the opposite or different things.
Thanks for the feedback guys!
"E'es not dyin' less I kills 'im!" - Bill Psyches